Having Fun Experimenting with Echo Trimmer PE 2000 w/o spending
Having Fun Experimenting with Echo Trimmer PE 2000 w/o spending has been a Challenge.
Questions on PE 2000(that could save me on a 3rd trimmer I might never need vs experimenting): The 3rd trimmer would be a split shaft to B/U dedicated string and hard blade trimmers.
1. Why is it mentioned to test with 3/4 tank of fuel vs as long as the pick-up is below fuel?
2. If it w/n pull and push fuel solid fuel w/o air with the primer bulb, is that a bad valve gasket? Tested directly at the carb the suction and push is not solid w/o signs of air or lack of a seal.
3. Am I missing an air seal with the new fuel lines vs Zama Carb hard valve sealing issue?
4. The trimmer runs good until the solid fuel in the lines shows air or empty with air vs fuel. "Initially" the lines w/n run dry of the Stabil treated fuel, seldom use is part of the problem.
5. There is a slight hissing sound from the carb that indicates the valves are possibly leaking.
6. Most of all the valves have a plastic look and feel vs a good rubber feel and look.
7. Where can I purchase just a fuel pump diaphragm, carb valve gasket w/o all the useless stuff? I'm sure my local repair shops "might" be my best option toward matching, 2 parts.
My Echo SRM 210 trimmer (08173021 with a ZAMA carb helps with PE 2000 (552865) project. I w/n dare trade the carbs or I saw it w/n fit. LOL. Please share some info on this project as I attempt to stay in tune with some of the new Technology vs giving up on my years of fun.
Attached, is where my ref to a valve gasket would fit.