Lawn sweeper vs. acorns?

nysffMay 29, 2011

I have a fairly heavily wooded property we bought a few years ago. I don't know if last season was a bad year for acorns, but I had quite a crop across the a good part of lawn that was evident during spring clean up this year.

Any experience out there with a pull behind sweeper for my GT picking up acorns? How well do they do at it? I could probably pick up a decent used one on CL for some fall and spring clean up, but if they don't work that well at acorns, probably not worth the purchase since I mulch in the summer and use my Cyclone Rake for leaves.

Also, any comments on brands? Agri-fab, Ohio-steel, Craftsman, etc. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

the lawn sweeper will pick up acorns if you set the the brushes low enough without dragging the wheels most of the time. Your CR will also suck them up if you set the deck low enough. You can multch them. Agri-fab amd craftsman IMO are the same. Sears may call for different gear ratio's but all and all the exact same unit. I have both and Don't see much difference between the two. I like going over the acorns with my multch plug in and the deck set low. It multches them into the yard and nut blasts my deck clean all at the same time. After I go over my yard I see very few left unchopped. Guess it may depend on what type of grass you got and how low you can cut it.

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 12:11AM
More Discussions
STX46 is dead
I have tried MANY things over the past year to get...
MPinNC
JD 30inch mechanical tiller VS. 42 inch hydraulic tiller ??
I have read and posted different threads on these two...
cjsm5nys
Craftsman FS 5500 clutch issue.
With the engine running, when attempting to drive forward...
mrgizmos
old mtd lawnflite chain drive?
Hey I just bought and old riding mower and lo and bohold...
mtdlawnflite
Tuff Torq K46 Tranny
I've been reading many of the posts on this site and...
tuco
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™