I Hate My Stihl FS40C Trimmer

MizAnnThropeSeptember 4, 2013

Besides the fact that it's just sooo loud, the string breaks constantly. Took it back to the place I bought it, and they said the string it came with had grooves in it, so it tended to break more easily, plus they made sure it was loaded correctly, which it was. They sold me new Stihl string - .080" dia - but it breaks just as often. Not happy that I paid $200+ for this thing, hate it, and never use it, so I'm hoping that someone might have some advice to help me like it/use it.
Thx

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

Will it support a hard blade? That was my solution and ear muffs. Otherwise I feel there is a Commercial adapter that will allow much heavier pre cut line (that you can cut yourself). I noticed them used along the parkâÂÂs walking trail and was told the line wears out vs breaking (another piece is threaded in).

Basically itâÂÂs an aluminum disc the pre cut line is treaded onto. Hopefully, someone will know this item and share a Pic or link.

Bookmark   September 4, 2013 at 1:53PM
tomplum

Have you tried advancing the line more often? How long do you trim for at a time?

Bookmark   September 5, 2013 at 2:07AM
txtom50(8a texas)

I have a pair of earplugs on a string that work well for me. If you shop at Walmart, their sporting goods section has ear plugs, ear muffs, and safety glasses with ear plugs attached.

Grass Gator is one brand of trimmer head adapters that was previously mentioned.

Bookmark   September 5, 2013 at 4:37AM
More Discussions
Harbor Freight small utility tralier question
I just purchased this harbor freight trailer. http://www.harborfreight.com/1090-lb-capacity-40-1-2-half-inch-x-48-inch-mini-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-four-lug-wheels-and-tires-90153.html I...
rlmunsey
Reciprocating Saw
I am looking to buy a reciprocating saw. I am not looking...
pirate94
Woodzig electric pruner
I have a Woodzig electric pruner and use it often....
ranger_ric
Mantis Tiller purge bulb
I cannot get gasoline to come into the purge bulb....
Alice40
Backpack Leaf Blowers
I have been looking around at backpack leaf blowers,...
OutdoorGuy1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™