Source of replacement handle for corona H29 lopper

dmullen(Southern CA)September 14, 2011

My very old Corona H29 loppers have served me well. They were built in the USA. They are very large (37" long and will cut up to 3" branches.

Some time ago, Corona stopped sharpening used tools and also apparently stopped selling replacement parts too. I have not been able to get parts for many years.

Today, I found out that their tools are made in Mexico and Spain. I guess that is why I cannot find a wooden handle for my loppers.

Does anyone here know where to get a replacement handle for these loppers. I have tried Google but had no luck.

If I cannot find a replacement handle, I will have to buy another large lopper but it will not be Corona. I stopped buying those after they left the USA.

Now, I buy Felco and I know they are expensive but parts are readily available.

These are not made in the USA but my reasoning is that I cannot blame any American company for selling their products abroad nor can I blame any foreign company for doing the same.

Unless the American company can compete on quality, I will buy foreign every time because those foreing companies are producing a product in their own country and providing jobs for their citizens. Our companies are doing the opposite and making few if any jobs in America. Yet, they hope we will continue to support them. I will not.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fruitjarfla

Type this -- corona lopper handle -- into bing or other search engine and see the results.

Bookmark   September 15, 2011 at 9:07AM
dmullen(Southern CA)

Thanks for the reply. All searches with the names "Corona" and "Handle" return complete loppers. Mine is a really big one that is 37 inches long (total) and the handle is 30" long.

It looks like I will have to either have one made or just buy another large lopper.

Bookmark   September 15, 2011 at 1:26PM
masiman(z7 VA)

I typed exactly what fruitjarfla had. Below are the shopping results. I'd go the Amazon route (if it is really from Amazon), cause if your loppers are as old as you say, the handle may not be made for your model. If not, hopefully they could be easily modified to fit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Corona Lopper Handles

Bookmark   September 15, 2011 at 11:55PM
dmullen(Southern CA)

Thanks for the lead. I found that one too but my handles are 30". I will probably just go get another large lopper from Felco or another company.

Bookmark   September 17, 2011 at 12:58AM
exmar

Know nothing about Corona loppers. That being said I have a lot of very old tools and when I need wooden handles, just take the tool or a measurement and visit local TSC or similar. Compare what you need to the replacement handles on display, if you have a draw knife or wood rasp you can modify to fit. If you get too aggressive in removing wood, epoxy works well.

Good luck,

Ev

Bookmark   September 17, 2011 at 10:25AM
Corona_Tools

Have you tried contacting us directly? We sell replacement parts for most tools on our website however it's likely that if you have an older model, you would need to contact customer service directly to see if they can locate a handle for your specific model. You can reach them M-F at 1-800-234-2547 between 7:30-4:30PM PST. They will check inventory to see if we have them in stock. Chris

Here is a link that might be useful: Corona Website

Bookmark   September 17, 2011 at 10:33AM
dmullen(Southern CA)

I had not been back to this site for a long time, and the last posting provided the answer. I called Corona today and this time, they had the lopper handles so I ordered two because my lopper is very old and next time I need one, they might not support it any more.

Thanks for the help.

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 11:19PM
More Discussions
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
Any Good Electric Brushcutter?
I have a small area, my lot is just 1/2ac and less...
InFlux
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
Honda Snowblower will not move in neutral
Hi everybody, I am a newbie to this forum. My Honda...
buttonperson
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™