Small Scale Grain Harvester

zerocSeptember 19, 2010

I posted this over in the harvest section and was suggested to post it over here.

I've been having issues finding information on a small scale grain harvester. Either as a walk behind, riding, or three point tow behind unit. I want to do somewhere in the range of 10 acres so I don't exactly need a half million dollar combine. I've seen these types of units being used over in Asia but can't seem to find anything in the states. Anybody have any idea where and how much it'd cost to acquire something like this? It seems that the units over it china are somewhere in the range of 5,000 to 10,000 bucks, but it seems they're only over there so it'd have to be imported to get one unless someone in the US already deals in these and it's just difficult to find them.

I plan on living somewhere in New England (we haven't decided exactly where yet) which isn't exactly the grain capital of the world which is why I'm interested in small scale production. But being in New England will make it difficult to find anyone that I could pay to harvest such a small plot locally, someone would have to end up traveling a pretty good distance, so it probably would end up being cost prohibitive. And i want to grow a couple different grains that have different harvest times. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

You get market bulletin from georgia in fall there listing small combines some as low 2500 dollars. You need to be good repairing old machinery. www dot agr dot georgia dot gov make that into link it take to Farmers and Consumers market bulletin. Out side state subcribe 20 dollars year biweekly prints. link below from china wheat harvester walk behind two wheel tractor. BSC and Goudi two wheel tractor dealers are in us contact them be best help.

Here is a link that might be useful: wheat harvester

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 2:39PM
More Discussions
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
Electric shredder motor will switch on but won't spin the blades
Hello, I have an electric garden shredder that will...
Lindsay Durdle
2 stroke Mantis tiller vs. 4 stroke Mantis
I'm looking at buying a small Mantis cultivator but...
lil_rhody
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™