Can anyone ID this rose?

alina_1May 11, 2012

Hello,

I received this rose as Dick Clark from Chamblee Roses. It does not look like Dick Clark at all.

Could you ID it please? The flowers are small - slightly larger than 1".

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

Are those all pics of the same rose? I cannot help you with an ID, but here is a link to some other pics of Dick Clark. One of the buds looks a little like yours, but not as pale.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dick C.

Bookmark   May 11, 2012 at 11:09AM
flaurabunda(6a, Central IL)

My first thought was Magic Carousel, but the 4th picture doesn't seem to support that.

Of the mini's that Chamblee lists on their website, I'd rule out Rainbow's End, Cindarella & Cupcake. I have all of those, and this doesn't look like any of them. Cindarella is very tiny & mostly white, Cupcake is a solid, true pink, and Rainbow's End has yellow mixed in. I'd also rule out Green Ice and Red Cascade. I'm only going with the minis here because of the bloom size described.

That leaves these:
Beauty Secret
Carnival Glass
Rise N Shine
Rouletii
Sachet
Spring Song
Starina

If it's not a mini & they pull their stock alphabetically, does anyone else think it resembles a young Distant Drums? That 4th photo is awfully 'mauvey'.

Bookmark   May 11, 2012 at 11:14AM
diane_nj 6b/7a

I'm thinking that it is an immature bloom on a new plant. The first bloom on many plants aren't "true" to a mature bloom. Contact Chamblee's, but I would also wait to see later blooms before deciding that it isn't DC.

Bookmark   May 11, 2012 at 11:42AM
alina_1

Yes, that is what I thought too. That is why I posted 'Is this Dick Clark?' thread first.

However, the coloration is completely different. And Regan Nursery description says that the color of buds is black/red. I do not think that that can be cream/pale pink due to the young age.

I already sent an email to Chamblee's with pictures attached. Will wait for their response.

Thanks for all your suggestions! Will look at them at Chamblee's site and on the Internet.

Bookmark   May 11, 2012 at 11:56AM
seil zone 6b MI

Looking at that leaf size I'd say this wasn't a mini. But looking at Chamblee's web site the only one I could see that resembles it is Magic Carousel. Or maybe the polyantha, La Marne?

Bookmark   May 11, 2012 at 4:26PM
More Discussions
Partial Shade Miniflora
I am looking for some Minifloras that would be okay...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Roses that you miss
I have a few roses I have lost over the last 10 years....
kingcobbtx9b
Osiria rose - slow grower?
Does anyone else have an Osiria? Mine is fairly new...
HollyKline
Soaking a bareroot rose?
I've been wondering about the best way to prepare a...
sara_ann-z6bok
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™