Marie Britt Ligularia

marquest(z5 PA)May 4, 2013

I have had Marie Britt Ligularea for 4 years. I moved it 2 times before I moved to the new house moved it three times at the new house in 3 years. Then for the 4th time I moved it last year and it has taken off. I have finally found a sweet spot.
It looked like this October last year. Look at this pic. Do you see the Hakonechloa on the left?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marquest(z5 PA)

Today it looks like this. I measured it is 3 ft wide and 3 ft tall. It has covered the grass and it is as tall as the bush. I was attempting to do a purple yellow design on each side to make the purple leaves pop. It is taking over the companion plants. I will dig up the grass and move it. I am going to see if the bush will fight for its space for now.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 11:56PM
sandyslopes z5 n. UT

You've moved that plant a lot, but it looks happy now. That's a pretty one. I have a couple that I hope put out that many flowers. They go well with hostas, but the snails and slugs like them too much.

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 2:46AM
marquest(z5 PA)

Yes Sandy it was a plant on the move. I have never had a plant that had such a death wish in my garden. If I put it in the sun it was trying to die at one point it was one leaf. If I put it in my shade garden it did grow two leaves. It seemed to be very particular where it wanted to grow.

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 4:45PM
More Discussions
Mason Bees)
Does anyone here encourage Mason Bees to stick around...
mikerno_1micha
Would you be willing to share your favorite plant markers?
I've been eyeing the copper and zinc ones but just...
oldbat2be
Suggestions To Make This Forum Better
A Private Message feature would be great! Add yours!...
WendyJoZ8
Which are organic fertilizers and where to buy them.
I'm looking for some organic fertilizers which can...
ycmahesh
Whatcha' doing?
What garden related shenanigans are you guys up to? I'm...
christinmk z5b eastern WA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™