Rototiller Rev Surges

Mr.D25September 23, 2013

The Briggs and Stratton engine on my front end rototiller is surging. The revs surge at all throttle positions and while both idling and under load. It is only 2 years old and I perform standard maintenance before and after each season. The air filter and pre-filter are clean and it has fresh gas. The power output is good, but it is always revving like it is running out of gas. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

Use seafoam in gas use cap on can about 4 caps in tank jets need cleaning the newer engine factory set Lean very tiny restriction make engine roll up and down Ethanol gas pull water out air it dry on surface of jet opening a film that tiny film change size jet. All small engines made now are not suited for Ethanol gas only small engines suited for new gas are EFI engines because high pressure fuel pumps. The gas tank needs to be pressurized so want pull humidity in tank at night when humidity high. Gas supply can and engine needs to be stored in dry storage after one month old gas starts to pick up moisture in amount to cause problems. Seafoam extra cleaner for gas add to gas run short time to move cleaner into jet let set 20 minute run again should clean your carb if have inline filter that good.and cut off valve so run dry carb have vents for float bowl a place moisture can enter running dry to dry float bowl draining before storage better.

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 5:03AM
More Discussions
Electric shredder motor will switch on but won't spin the blades
Hello, I have an electric garden shredder that will...
Lindsay Durdle
Mantis tiller will not idle
Picked up a used Mantis (SV-4/A engine) that will just...
ccarlsonnh
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
Snow Thrower impeller
I have a Craftsman 9 hp dual stage snow thrower, that...
fjs001
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™