gator_rider2, Did you ever rate the HP on log splitters

loger_gwSeptember 26, 2011

1. gator_rider2, Did you ever rate the HP on log splitters that you built? If so, what formula or etc did you use? My splitter is doing more than I ever expected and feel it would be rated 12-16 tons from charts and info I have seen. This is an interest vs a need. I guess my need is getting a filter in the system and a rate to charge my friends that need wood split at my expense (250.00 on the seal rebuild and the cost of a filter and etc) LOL.

2. Your example: Take pressure times bore size = total divided by 2,000 = tonnage. Like 3 1/2 inch bore times 2,000 psi = 7,000 divide by 2,000 = 3 1/2 tons. Seems similar to my unit but my unit will split 12"-16" dia oak wood w/o a hesitation.

3. How would I figure the tonnage if the cyl is 4" dia(3.5" inside), 24" long, and a 2" piston? Pump's #1300356 led me to it being a Haldex, gear type, 3,000 psi discharge, 11.000 GPM low flow (is this flow a lot and correct?). I'm seeing approx 2,000 psi of line pressure splitting 12-16" dia oak. My splitter is simular to the H16 Ramsplitter in this thread (close to the top).

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/tools/msg082307312313.html?77

4. Would you think I have 12-16 ton unit and need to ck my figures again (since I know it does a good job on 12-16" dia oak wood (green or seasoned)? I Hope You Are Well And Thanks In Advance! loger

More Discussions
Stihl vs. Husqvarna Chainsaw purchase
I am lucky enough to have my wife ask me to pick out...
virginiacowboy
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™