Floribunda rose "evening star" hardiness

canadianplantMay 11, 2014

I either have a habit of buying non hardy roses or the stores have a habit of ordering plants that wont make it here (zone 4).

Either way I bought an evening star floribunda rose. There is little information online stating proper hardiness. I know floribundas usually go down to zone 5, with a small number making it to zone 4. I usually mulch my tender plants well and we have reliable snowfall with 3-5 feet being average every winter.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seil zone 6b MI

Hard to say. All you can really do is give it a try in your garden and see. HMF looks like it lists it in a couple of zone 5 gardens. Maybe you could contact those growers and see how it does for them.

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 3:10PM
canadianplant

its possible. It seems my only chance is to get it close to a wall and mulch it to all hell. To be fair I have never tried mounding soil.

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 3:49PM
lynnette

Evening Star should do well with mulch in zone 5. I grew it by the sea where gale force winds in the winter hit it and it never even had any dieback. IMO it is one of the best white floribundas. No disease and good vigour. Don't think it had any fragrance.

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 8:30PM
More Discussions
Can you please post pictures of your roses from chambleeroses
Can you please post pictures of your roses from chambleeroses...
bluehaven_gweb
Can you message me or anyone else?????
I made sure to check, "allow users to message...
jasminerose4u, California
What rose is this?!?
First photo is what I'm looking for answers to. I thought...
Selah Kleaning
New DA plants arrived!!
I got home from work yesterday and there was a big...
bethnorcal9
English roses for coastal CA, zone 10?
Hello everyone, Spring is almost here and I'm dreaming...
paola_b
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™