Planting my last roses from Vintage Gardens today

DrPekeMomMay 27, 2014

And I am way sadder than I thought I was going to be. I have so many little gems in my garden because of Vintage Gardens. What a wonderful business that made such a difference to me. I am so grateful. The roses going into today are Cooper's Burmese and Goldfinch.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

Please post pics when they bloom... :)

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 12:28PM
charleney(8a PNW)

maybe give a list of what new ones you planted?

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 1:28PM
nastarana(5a)

I think we will all be perusing our tear-stained Vintage catalogues this winter.

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 1:29PM
hoovb zone 9 sunset 23

Give them a little shade. It's going to be pretty warm in 22 today.

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 2:26PM
alameda/zone 8

I have my next to last orders planted in pots and in partial shade - the next order to come will be the very last one - what a sad day that will be! I am planning a very larger parterre bed with birdbath in the middle to house these roses once they get ready to plant in the ground, along with all the others I have ordered the last couple of years. Will call it my Vintage Memorial Garden......it wont compensate for the huge loss of Vintage, but will be a place where I can enjoy them all together.....planning to have a vintage looking garden shed/grandchildren playhouse constructed, a hanging swing......Wish they would find some extras and have just one more release......still cant believe they are closing.
Judith

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 8:57PM
hartwood

I planted one of my three final Vintage roses over the weekend, 'Frances Ashton'.

'Shower of Gold' and 'W. Freeland Kendrick' are in pots, waiting for me to prepare climber-sized spots for them.

Sad to lose Vintage, but rejoice that they were here and that we have such wonderful roses to enjoy in our gardens because of them.

Bookmark   May 28, 2014 at 6:59AM
Campanula UK Z8

very envious of those who can grow Cooper's Burmese, PekeM.....but Goldfinch is currently my absolute favourite, blooming this moment . Apart from its short bloom cycle, there is nothing to dislike about this gorgeous rose - utterly healthy with perfectly sized wee flowers....,

Bookmark   May 28, 2014 at 7:04AM
More Discussions
Montezuma
Does anyone grow this rose? I got one yesterday for...
meandmyyard
Roses from highcountry roses - really disappointed
I received my roses from highcountryroses today. It...
bluehaven_gweb
Julia Child for Pacific Northwest garden
I am on Vancouver Island and would love to add Julia...
Blueisland BC Pacific NW-Z8
threads are not sorted from most recent to least
This sucks. I've got the threads under Lastest Activity...
rosecanadian
Heirloom roses website
Hi, I've been trying to order roses from the Heirloom...
bellarosa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™