Honda HHT31 trimmer choke and loss power whan gas!!
I bought a new Honda HHT31S less than a years ago, and I only have about 20 hours on it and I change oil and maintain it. Recently it start to loss power and want to die when I gas it. Usually it was well warm up before it happened. I was trimming along and it started after about 10 minutes. Symptoms are:
1) Choke and loss power when I pull the trigger.
2) Moment I release the trigger, it idle very smooth. I check the choke was in open/run position.
3) I loosen the gas cap to make sure no back pressure.
4) I check spark plug and it looked normal, like how it look all along. I have only 20 hours on the trimmer.
5) I fill up the gas tank to make sure it get gas, and I check the gas filter was at the bottom, no chance of not getting gas.
6) I wash the air filter ones and put oil on it(wet type). I check and it is a little oilly. I don't think it would matter and besides it ran good for a while before happen.
7) I ALWAYS put clean gas. I make sure no dirt got in.
I did not change the gas filter cause I don't have one in hand. But it's only 20 hours and I always have clean gas. Gas is always within one month, 91 octane and I put Stabil all the time.
What could be the problem? I think I cover all bases except a new gas filter. Could it be the carb??? I don't think is ignition because when I release the trigger, it idle very smooth. It is still under warrante, but I would like to take a stab at it first.