Does anyone use Renegade Blade Carbide Tipped blades?

gardenmachinery22September 16, 2013

Hello all,
Does anyone use those Renegade Blade Carbide Tipped Blades sold by Amazon.com on your brushcutter and if so what's your experience with them in regards to dulling quickly,broken/shattered teeth and vibration issues?
Cause i'm looking at buying the 2pk of blades so i can use them on my Jonsered GT32l 32cc heavy duty line trimmer/light brushcutter.
Are they worth the cost?

This post was edited by Gardenmachinery22 on Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 0:04

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TXSkeeter

If those are the blades noted at $30+ then they may or may not be worth the cost. I'm not questioning the blade construction or even cost so much as the feasibility of turning such a heavy blade at high rpm on your particular machine (which I'm not familiar with at all).
While length of cutting time while staying sharp is one of carbide's great virtues, the material does not take sharp blows well should you hit an immovable object such as rocks or metal fencing. Carbide can also be sharpened but it's not cheap to do so and your average lawnmower type repair shop is unlikely to have the right stones.
Vibration should be no better or worse than any other circular blade.
JMO
Steve

Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 10:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
krnuttle

Cost is the reason that I decided to go cheap. 6 years ago the area where we live was woods, Our house is just five years old. The soil seems to be composed of clay and quartz. This does not consider the tree roots that periodically appear in the yard. It is not if I hit a stone or root, it is when.

WIth cheap blades I can grind the nicks out and sharpen them a couple of time, then throw them away. If I had paid three or four time the cost of the cheap one it would be more of a financial loss.

PS the last time I got rid of a set of blades the Recycling company would not take them as they did not consider the iron to be recyclable.

Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 12:00PM
More Discussions
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
2 stroke Mantis tiller vs. 4 stroke Mantis
I'm looking at buying a small Mantis cultivator but...
lil_rhody
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
MTD 8HP SnowBlower
I have an MTD 8hp SnowBlower Mod # 317E640F352. The...
Jeffery Smith
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™