Hi i am a student could you please answer my question to help me

student-grahamOctober 11, 2011

Hi i am a student could you please answer my question to help me out with a project.

i am currently researching into problems found in gardening, the problems could be with tools and their downfalls or it could be problems with smaller things such as maybe something that you find difficult to do and could do with some sort of new tool which will aid you.

Thank you and i will be looking forward to reading your replies

Graham

Teeside University

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
slowpoke_gardener

Graham, your question is sorta like asking what type of gun is best. There are tools and guns for different purposes.

The two things that give me the most problems are my aging body and the weather. If you can find a way to control either, you will be in great demand.

I garden about 2000 sq. ft. which is small by most standards. Two tools I would not want to give up are my wagon to to haul compost, mulch etc. and a small hand tool that is much like the Ken Ho weeder. I even have one that I put a long aluminum handle on.

You might get a better response if you ask this question on some of the gardening forums.

Best of luck on your project.

Larry

Bookmark   October 11, 2011 at 7:16PM
loger_gw

Larry, That was some good feedback to the research.

Modify more tools Etc to meet the elderly gardener's needs, "who are the gardeners". I'm not a gardener but I do more mechanical and physical work than myself and friends believe due to more mechanical and electrical tools help. We need more Trainees from Colleges, High schools and Community Services for Credit toward helping and learning from the elderly. Enough Said! loger

Bookmark   October 11, 2011 at 8:50PM
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

One major problem is poor quality soil, such as clay soil. It needs to be tilled/spaded, aerated with compost (sometimes) and weeds kept to a minimum.

Basic hand tools, such as a shovel, rake, and hoe, are required. Don't buy any of these tools if they are made in China. Buy quality.

Bookmark   October 12, 2011 at 5:20AM
More Discussions
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
Troy Bilt Horse Drive Shaft Bearings
I took my horse apart because the front transmission...
gildomilo
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
Snow Thrower impeller
I have a Craftsman 9 hp dual stage snow thrower, that...
fjs001
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™