Looking for a furrower attachment

exmarOctober 13, 2012

Hi Folks,

Decided I want a furrower attachment for the big tiller. If the pic attaches, it's the second one from the left. Don't recall why I took this pic, but since I had it.... The tiller is a 7.5HP, Rear Tine, manual says "MTD Model Series 450." This one has TSC decals, but have seen them with Sears, etc.

I know I've seen the furrowers offered for sale on line only with no pics. Anyone have one or have any info on them? I have the push plow, only the blade is too narrow for my needs. I can get a wider blade for it, but it's almost as much as the furrower for the tiller.

Any input would be appreciated.

I also have two other tillers, one has lived at my brothers since I got it running, the other is a JD which needs a new engine. I'll replace the engine when I need another tiller....:-)

Thanks for your time,


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

10 inch furrower.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sears

    Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 8:23PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks Gator! I didn't think of Sears. Will be in town the first of the week, will stop by the local Sears and order one. From the pic, it's unclear how you attach it to the drag stake or depth adjustment.

Still like to hear from anyone who has one?

Thanks again,


    Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 7:13AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

I look at one today tiller just like yours but cub cadet had flat depth gauge that U-bolt fit over and tighten on should work. adjusting depth gauge should give some control my troy bilts back flat stay lifted when put sweep on back.

    Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 7:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I have a home-made one around here that clamps to the drag stake with a "C" clamp on my Poulan pro, but it is not as large as the one shown.

    Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 8:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Hi Folks,

Stopped by Sears and they were able to get to a better photo of the furrower Gator found. Won't fit my tiller without some major modifications.

Called MTD (nice folks, BTW) and they said the tiller I have won't accept a furrower due to the way the depth stake and rear shield are attached. So, guess I'll have to be creative and shape a piece of quarter inch steel and a Ubolt. Hmmm, maybe a "split bolt" (think of splicing two heavy gauge electrical ground wires together) if they come big enough.

Just what I need, another project....:-)

Thanks for all the responses.


    Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 1:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
txtom50(8a texas)

Here's a few more available at Agri-Supply. I'm pretty sure Tractor Supply sells them also but couldn't find them on their website. I think most of these are replacements for field cultivators.

Here is a link that might be useful: Agri-Supply furrowers

    Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 6:17AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
Troy Bilt Horse Drive Shaft Bearings
I took my horse apart because the front transmission...
Poulan Pro rear tine tiller, burnt valve??
I have a 6.5 Intec Briggs on my tiller, which is 10...
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™