Backpack Leaf Blowers

OutdoorGuy1October 18, 2013

I have been looking around at backpack leaf blowers, but I do not know what the difference between two-cycle and four-cycle engines is. Can anybody explain?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yardpro

Two-cycle engines require a mixture of gas and oil in the tank, and are lighter weight and simpler to maintain than four-cycle engines. Four-cycle engines are more fuel efficient and can produce more power, but are usually heavier than two-cycle engines.

Here is a link that might be useful: Backpack Leaf Blower Buyer's Guide

Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 11:39AM
Muhammad Danish Sultan

2-cycle engines are always noisy and required more fuel consumption while 4-cycle leaf blowers are energy efficient and less noisy, which is biggest problem of leaf blower.

Bookmark   March 11, 2015 at 6:12AM
itzbinnice

Depending on your needs and budget, just ride around your area when the landscapers are out, see what they're using and that may help you decide. Time is money so they won't be using equipment that is inefficient.

Bookmark   March 14, 2015 at 10:23AM
loger_gw

Depending on your needs and budget is the key factor in my opinion. The landscapers will probably have mid range and up equipment due to their budgets. Good mid range equipment 2 or 4 cycle with today’s technology is close except 2 cycle is older and “Might” have an edge. Maintenance is a key factor with either if you want the best out of any equipment.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Excuse the extra text that will probably appear after the message is sent. I have not been able to control the “Same” extra text or send attachments but once since the switch (only on this site but help is in progress). Any ideas on these matters??

Bookmark   March 14, 2015 at 2:28PM
More Discussions
Deep Spader
Has anyone used a deep spader? How did you like it?...
svachon
Tecumseh snow king fuel starvation?
My Tecumseh powered Toro snowblower hunts/surges and...
akachrisinmass
Mantis Tiller purge bulb
I cannot get gasoline to come into the purge bulb....
Alice40
McCullough Pro Mac 700 has to be a professional grade saw vs a Home?
Servicing/Starting my Neighbor’s McCullough Pro Mac...
loger_gw
General craftsman tiller gearbox question.
Ages ago in the early 90's, I bought a Craftsman 5hp...
bliackbeard
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™