Craftsman 1/2 Hp limit adjustment

ladygodiva21October 23, 2011

The chain came off the sprocket and have managed to get it back on. Now in the process of adjusting the up and down limit. Down limit seems to be correct, but need to adjust the up movement since the trolley keeps hitting the stop bolt. While inserting the screwdriver the adjustment screw fell and I can't get to it. Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

What model # is the Garage Door Opener? Did you remove the s/m cover (4 screws, 2 ea side) if I am correct with this being a Garage Opener? Did you see why the chain came off? Such as: I had a 1/3 HP Sears to recently come off due to a worn cable and about to break. This was a cable/chain combo vs all chain and the plastic pulley on the motor�s opposite end had worn badly (probably due to the chain getting too close to the pulley). I repaired with all chain and a steel sprocket on both ends (a better system IMO). The cable probably was off the pulley at one point, due to the slack I saw that went away while inspecting. loger

Bookmark   October 23, 2011 at 5:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

You need to remove the cover from the motor unit and find where the screw went. Then you will find the bearing for the gear & sprocket assembly is worn and letting the shaft lean forward. This is what causes the chain to come off. The part number for the gear & sprocket assembly is 41C4220A available from Sears parts and comes with instructions.

Bookmark   October 24, 2011 at 9:51AM
More Discussions
Electrolytic Rust Removal
Has anyone tried this, using a battery charger, "washing...
exmar
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
Reciprocating Saw
I am looking to buy a reciprocating saw. I am not looking...
pirate94
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™