Poulan Pro Hydro Trans

hrldkingMay 22, 2007

I have a Poulan Pro 18.5 42" rider. the hydrostatic transmisson is not working. I will go in reverse just fine but when I try to make it go forward it jumps and jerks the finally quits and seems to start slipping and going nowhere.

the hydro is a Peerless H-200-006A, with a 794788 hydro-module. Can anyone tell me where to go from here. Change oil in the pump? Check the tranny for busted or stripped gears? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hk

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tekumcman(Upstate SC)

You need to take in to a warranty repair Dealer. He can
fix the problem by installing a neutral lock out repair
kit, part# 799032. This is a commonly found problem on the
2000-006A hydro. This part is inside the differential side
of the unit. The pump module (794788) is probably OK.
Nonetheless....Tecumseh/Peerless WILL WARRANTY this for you, as they are VERY FAMILIAR with the problem.

T-Man

Bookmark   May 22, 2007 at 10:44PM
hrldking

Well tecumcman, I guess I am in a pickle here. The closest Premiere Dealer with a Tecumseh Master Technician is over 200 miles from me. I have the repair manual but it says nothing about a neutral lock out, and I can not find a parts dealer that I can order that part # from. Thanks anyway, I'll just have to figure something else out...hrldking.

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 1:14PM
hrldking

Tecumcman, I have found someone that has the part. Can you tell me if it is difficult to install. I am a fair mechanic, do you know if there are any kind of instructions that come with that part. Like I said in my prevous post that the closest dealer is over two hundred miles from me and they are six weeks in the rears on repairs. I can order the kit for 16.00 I just need somekind of directions to put it in.......thanks........hk

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 2:20PM
swinfab

I'm having the same issues and was wondering if you found the instructions to install the kit? Thanks....

Bookmark   March 21, 2010 at 4:31PM
More Discussions
What happened???
I logged in yesterday after a prolonged absence and...
romore_gw
Thoughts on a good lawn tractor.
This appears to be a site of knowledgeable folks with...
VAlandlover
what yall think about this for a deal a Kubota on CL
here is the link.... what yall think http://louisville.craigslist.org/grd/4760971779.html thanks...
jeanwedding
Dead cylinder
So I have a Briggs & Stratton Engine model number:...
RebornGreen
Help! I'm in Safety Switch Hell
Craftsman Model# 917.272030 Engine stalls with clutch...
biggestdaddyo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™