Testing/Tuning a Dixon ZT Mower # 4516K , 2001 Kohler eng # CV16S
Hello baymee & Other Techs, Please share info and links on Testing and Tuning a Dixon Zero Turn Mower # 4516K with 2001 Kohler engine # CV16S.
History that I know of and questions:
1. No history of the last tune-up or if it the eng is mechanically sound for a good tune-up (ignition, fuel, compression "Basics").
2. What should the Eng compression = , Signs of good fire = , Signs of good fuel delivery = ???
3. It has good power once it is primed at the carb to start. Starting, it might backfire at the carb. It w/n run w/o a charged Batt.
In my opinion:
1. A good compression or percentage leakage test is needed to to know the cyl, rings, valves are good.
2. The backfire is telling me there is a timing issue.
3. Having to prime to start, is telling me there is a carb issue.
4. Having to charge to start and run is telling me there is a Stator issue.
5. Is #4 saying itÃ¢ÂÂs a Batt Ignition System? Will affect fire? Will this affect the timing cause the backfire (starting).