irrigation from pool water

tiffosi1February 5, 2013

I am the owner of a hotel in the napa wine country and I am very interested to see if my irrigation can be supplied by the pool backwash that currently is draining to city sewer. The pool is filled with mineral water from below the property and the chlorine usage is pretty low. My question is two fold, is it possible to use this water for irrigation and whom could I call to design and implement the system. any help or information would be much appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lehua49

tiff,

My logical answer to your question is yes. But you live in California and they have rules on "Grey Water". The City permit office would know the rules and if you ask them then they get to tax and fee you(your a commercial venture). That being said you need to determine how often you back-flush(total gallons per time period). Determine your flow rate(gallons per minute) when back-flushing. If you can move the back-flush under pressure you can store it in a tank or holding pond to dissipate the chlorine and use at your convenience. There should many irrigation experts in Napa Valley. The vineyards probably have them on speed dial. They can design you a custom system. You could even sell water to others. Get more than one company to give you a design and we can help you evaluate the proposals. Good Luck aloha

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 8:50PM
More Discussions
Making changes of existing irrigation system
Hi folks, am hoping you can help me with these questions. I...
lauriec
rainbird esp-rzx controller problem
After two summers of working normally, this year the...
MikeSanderson
Drip Line Brand Recommendation
It's time to replace my decade-old drip lines. What...
raymondo17
Best well pump for drip hose irrigation
I am trying to find some information on selecting a...
srbasile
Pulling water from creek for irrigation.
I have a home on a piece of property that has a stream....
mctabish1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™