How do poisonous plants break down in compost?
I'm very new to composting, and I use a homemade garbage bin. It seems to be going well so far. I have not harvested any compost yet, but it is breaking down nicely.
My question is about poisonous plants like String of Pearls or Milkweed. I assume that these plants break down like any others in compost, but do the poisonous components also break down completely?
I'm not planning on eating my compost! But I do use it in my veggie garden, so I want to make sure I don't end up poisoning my veggies (or by extension, myself).