Jakeleg PVC Fix
Struck a shrub bubbler and cracked, right down the middle, the sched. 40 "T" connection to which it was attached. The cracks were about 1/8th inch wide, on each side of the top of the T, and narrowed towards the bottom. Large roots had the T connector in such a bind that there was no replacing it. Did a little online research, and read about a sealant formed by dissolving sawed up PVC dust in purple primer. Then I came across a videoclip advertising a product called Plast-Aid. The online demo was quite persuasive, so I decided to give it a try. It was hard to find, and expensive, $31. It came in 2 bottles, 4 oz. of powder and 2 oz. of liquid. I narrowed the cracks with a radiator hose clamp and larded them up with the Plast-Aid paste. It sets up very quickly. No leaks this morning, knock on wood. Only thing, contrary to the representations in the demo, this stuff is very difficult to remove from the hands. The pool supply guy I got it from says his service people use it all the time.