irrigation system necessary parts

sweetwilliam89(5b)March 29, 2014

We'd like to set up an irrigation system using drip tape for some land we're renting for vegetables. Thinking about using 0.37 gph, 15 mil tape emitters spaced 12". Our water supply line would be attached to another hose that would be attached to a faucet. The supply line would be attached to 24 drip tape lines with each running 26 feet.The supply line itself would run about 40 feet in length. I know we need to have the drip tape and supply line but I'm wondering what other parts (could just get a kit, but the kits may have extra unneeded parts) I need to get to attach to the hose and if the system will work or if anyone has any suggesitons greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lehua49

sw,

By my calcs you need a 4.5 gpm source unless you break it into zones. If source pressure is over 25 psi you will need a pressure reducer before the mainline and drip tape. Does your source give you the 4.5 gpm. You should fill a 5-gal bucket in one minute but that is at your source pressure not at 15-20 psi for drip. Fill the bucket with the pressure reducer on the line. JMHO Aloha

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 10:38PM
More Discussions
rainbird esp-rzx controller problem
After two summers of working normally, this year the...
MikeSanderson
Avocado tree, brown on tip of leaves
The leaves on my avocado tree are turning brown. They...
dooger2
Making changes of existing irrigation system
Hi folks, am hoping you can help me with these questions. I...
lauriec
Drip Line Brand Recommendation
It's time to replace my decade-old drip lines. What...
raymondo17
drip irrigation design
I ran 2 pipes around my property for drip irrigation....
jimmy21
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™