Drip Irrigation Help!

tsinghMarch 30, 2013

I put together a drip irrigation system that looks as follows.

1 - From a garden spigot => small lead hose => multi connector manifold => timer valve (attached to an orbit timer) => 20 psi pressure regulator => pvc adapter => hose connector => 1/2 inch drip irrigation hose => connector => 1/4 inch drip irrigation tubing => 1/2 gph red drip emitter.

2 - The half inch tube runs around the garden as follow

26 feet straight (part 1) => elbow connector => 5 feet (part 2) => 30 feet straight (part 3).

3 - I have for 1/2 gph emitters towards the end of part 1 and one sprinkler type emitter towards the end of part 3.

When I turn the system on (I have the spigot turned on only ust a little bit), either manually or automatically for 1 minute..the 4 1/2 gph emitters are spraying a stream of water instead of dripping.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

This post was edited by tsingh on Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 14:55

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lehua49

ts,

Too much pressure. Test your pressure from the splitter and see what you get(hose water pressure gauge from hardware store). Let us know what it is. Your 20 psi pressure regulator may be overwhelmed with the initial pressure or maybe not functioning. I can tell you are concerned with a pressure problem when you say I only turned the water a little bit. Aloha

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 9:52AM
More Discussions
Irrigation Outage
Had a power outage at my home. I reset the GFI switch...
mchidiac
Drip Irrigation Help
Hi, I'm looking to install a drip irrigation system...
Dan
Discrepancy in Drip Line Water Flow
Over the weekend I installed some drip line in my garden....
raymondo17
Continuous Loop Dripline
While watching a YouTube video on drip line installation,...
raymondo17
rainbird esp-rzx controller problem
After two summers of working normally, this year the...
MikeSanderson
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™