Q: Do I need a valve and timer for this?

rayyar77April 24, 2013

I tapped into my bckyrd PVC in order to add palms and plants on a drip system. Got it all working, but drippers will not shut off unless I close the backflow valve on the side of my house. When I close this valve, the front yrd irrigation will not turn on. Should I not be able to control the bckyrd also with the timer I already have or is there something wrong with my setup or do I need to put in a irrigation valve and timer past the backflow. Please, please help if you know. I don't want to keep doing this manually b/c I may forget and I just put in the landscaping myself...lots of work and money would be wasted.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lehua49

ry,

Hard to tell from your description and not seeing the physical layout of your system. Is the drip system below in elevation compared to the valves? In other words, is the system slowly draining out the drip emitters after shutoff. My advice is get an irrigation guy out and take a look at your system (not that expensive but worth the $$) or a knowledgeable friend or neighbor. It is too hard to tell what is happening from where I am sitting. JMHO aloha

Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 9:55PM
More Discussions
rainbird esp-rzx controller problem
After two summers of working normally, this year the...
MikeSanderson
Avocado tree, brown on tip of leaves
The leaves on my avocado tree are turning brown. They...
dooger2
Pulling water from creek for irrigation.
I have a home on a piece of property that has a stream....
mctabish1
Reusing old well for water needs
I'm building a house and need some advice on how to...
mshepherd2
Help with tricky (at least for me) water access
Hi, I have an issue that I'll be having to deal with...
Bob.Jackson
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™