Installing a tee into existing 3/4" copper water service line

bob.greenApril 4, 2013

What is the basic procedure to install a brass compression tee into an existing 3/4" copper water service line?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lehua49

bg,

It doesn't have to be a copper tee, but if it is what you bought so be it. Make sure that you have a male or female NPT on your outlet port. Cut a piece out of the copper main that is not wider than the width of your outlet port. slightly bend one side of the mainline and slide the end fitting and gasket on the one side all the way on, do not tighten. Slide the second end fitting and gasket on the opposite side. Then bend the pipe back in line with other side of the mainline and center the tee. Slide the gaskets and end pieces onto the tee and tighten down with a wrench. Screw a cap plug to the out let port of the tee and test for leakage. Tighten anything that leaks. When that past leak test. Unscrew cap or plug and install a threaded nipple if female or a threaded adapter if male. Then attach a ball valve to be able to shut off the entire irrigation system if there are repairs to be made later but most important you can turn back on your mainline to the house and continue working or your system at your convenience. I would do everything in PVC because it is easier and more convenient to work with. Make sure you pt concrete or something that can withstand thrust at all 90 degree bends. JMHO. Aloha

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 7:50PM
More Discussions
First experience with irrigation system
Our builder installed, as a part of the "package",...
vlk20
Rain barrel with gutters that drain to sewer - can't alter gutters
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has advice for how to...
astralsled
My sprinkler system station stopped working
Hello! I have a problem with my sprinkler system. One...
holia123
Continuous Loop Dripline
While watching a YouTube video on drip line installation,...
raymondo17
Fertigation help
ok well not new to gardening or growing things as i...
bigpuddin43
Sponsored Products
Double Drum 18" Wide White Ceiling Light
Euro Style Lighting
Single Bowl Undermount Stainless Steel Sink
MR Direct Sinks and Faucets
Ferndale Pendant by Quoizel
$479.99 | Lumens
Hampton Bay Outdoor Lighting. 3-Light Outdoor White Post Light
$39.97 | Home Depot
Cosby Leather Sofa - Brighton Black Black
Joybird Furniture