In Okla - Cost per Zone

gambleressApril 24, 2008

I am needing sprinklers for approximately 1 acre, for some reason I had it in my head it would be about 300 per zone.. Most installers are asking about 550, lowest 450. Has anyone heard of any companies installing for less? I need 14 zones.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ronalawn82(z9FL)

gambleress, it will take about 27154 gallons of water to irrigate one acre the equivalent of one inch of rainfall. Each head will have a gpm delivery rate and from this you can determine how many heads you will need, to run each zone for say, half an hour. The total gpm of all the heads on a zone should not be more than the 60% of the gpm available at the water source (pump or Municipal). The 60% will vary depending upon the piping sizes and length of run; the number of heads will vary depending upon the shape of the area and the overlap designed in the system. Most heads come provided with a number of nozzles of different output. This is necessary in order to match the output (the gallons of water over a given area) of a quarter circle head to a full circle head on the same zone. These are some of the design features which you can decide upon and these will help you to choose an installer. Other variables will be material and labor costs. Hope this helps on what looks like an expensive project.

Bookmark   April 27, 2008 at 6:47AM
More Discussions
roots in pipe
Hi, I am new to this forum. I live in Idaho and we...
atstephens9
Reusing old well for water needs
I'm building a house and need some advice on how to...
mshepherd2
Best well pump for drip hose irrigation
I am trying to find some information on selecting a...
srbasile
2 foot break in sprinkler pvc line
I would appreciate your advice on what to use to repair...
ginjj
Garden not close to water source. Ideas?
My garden is about 400-500 feet from the closest water...
zrodimel
Sponsored Products
Tech Unilume 90 CRI 13" Wide LED Black Undercabinet Light
Euro Style Lighting
New Blue Hand Knotted 5' 7" X 8' Ikat Uzbek Blue Wool Oriental Area Rug H3319
BH Sun Inc
Ambiance Bisque LED Small Cobblestones Outdoor Wall Sconce with White Styrene Sh
$254.00 | Bellacor
Drop Ceiling Tiles: Ceilume Adhesives & Fillers Evangeline Latte 2 ft. x 2 ft.
$3.89 | Home Depot
Chuska Geometric Upholstery Fabric in Desert
$34.00 | FabricSeen
KingsBottle Dual-zone 170-bottle Black Compressor Wine Cooler
Overstock.com
Flax Gold Vintage Textured Faux Dupioni Silk Single Panel Curtain, 50 X 120
$68.95 | Bellacor
Micro Suede Elsie Bed
Cost Plus World Market
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™