thkey19April 14, 2013

I am trying to find a spaghetti type irrigation that I saw at a wholesale nursery in Florida last week. The main line was about 1" and appeared to be rubber, like a garden hose, as opposed to the vinyl irrigation line. The emitter lines, approx 1/4", were also a rubber line which were very flexible and would not kink like the poly vinyl tubing that is available in most irrigation supply places and garden centers. The real beauty of this system was the emitters. They were sticks about 5-6" long and one end was a solid plug and was inserted into the end of the emitter line to stop the flow when that line was not being used. The other end was similar but had grooves cut long ways in plug and allowed for water seep out. The more grooves, the higher the flow rate. Has anyone seen such a system and can anyone tell me where to purchase this?? It may be commercial stuff, but one would think it would be reasonable to purchase and due to the simplicity, it would be very cost effective. Thanks in advance for your replies!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Any local irrigation store should carry this like John Deere Landscapes, Horizon Irrigation Supply...etc. They are commercial product but the pricing is reasonable.

    Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 4:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The closest thing I have seen is a dripper stake. But it has a built in emitter and the one I am seeking is just a plug on one end and the same plug on the other end but with a v groove lengthwise down that plug so that water can drip thru it. I looked at JD Landscapes, Horizon, and many others with no luck...

    Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 8:26AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Here is what I think you might be looking for and are often used in nurseries. They attach with 1/8" tubing and have a groove in them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pot Spitters

    Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 7:49AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Irrigating with portable barrels
I'm wanting to irrigate my garden with a series of...
sprinkler selection question
I'm doing some sprinkler maintenance and replacement...
Drip Irrigation Help
Hi, I'm looking to install a drip irrigation system...
Yet another request for help identifying irrigation valves
Anyone able to help me identify this valve? The house...
Irrigation upgrade - who to call?
My property has an old irrigation system. It works...
cakbu z9 CA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™