help to id a troy bilt chipper / shredder screen

caroles_jungle(z10 SW Florida)October 12, 2013

I bought a Troy Bilt Chipper and purchased several screens for it at the time. I sold it some years ago. I thought I gave all the screens to the guy I sold it to but I just found one of the screens in the shed. I never used it. I have no info on the model on the Chipper.

So... I need to ID the screen to see if I can get rid of it. Ha!

I found a similar Chipper on the internet that sort of looks like it but don't know if it is exactly the same. Apparently there are different models.

The measurements on the SCREEN are...

Troy Built Chipper. I think the model is a Tomahawk.
holes 3/8"
14 in long
9 3/4" wide end to end
4" tall

There are no markings on the screen that I can find and I don't have a box. Can anyone help me ID it? Thanks. :)

Here are some photos...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
caroles_jungle(z10 SW Florida)

Another photo of the screen

Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 10:38PM

Side view photo

Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 10:39PM

This is NOT my chipper. My chipper sort of looked like this one so I was adding the photo just to show you what is sort of looked like. It was on the same kind of stand with the motor on one side and the discharge on the other side. And it weighed a lot.

Interesting that there are NO markings on the screen. I wonder if they sold me generic screens. I did not ask at the time. I just got several screens for different kinds of mulch and never used this one. Anyone know about this screen? Thanks. :)

Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 10:45PM

Anyone know about these Troy Bilt screens? Thanks.

Bookmark   October 13, 2013 at 5:14PM
robertz6

Looks like my small Troy-bilt Tomahawk discharge chute piece.

Mine is only a 4 hp model. It shreds into small pieces, but my holes are larger, maybe 3/4".

You can change these out by removing three longs pins. I never found the need to have a second one (mine only came with one size), but some folks might like a second. But I suspect that most folks find the starting and running of a seldom-used machine to be plenty of bother just by itself.

My model is underpowered, and I wonder if substituting a discharge with smaller discharge holes would make the problem worse.

Bookmark   October 24, 2013 at 4:13PM

Thanks for the reply. My Troy Bilt worked just fine on the one screen that was on it. I had plans at the time to mulch weeds and different size leaves etc with the smaller screen but the chipper was so hard to move around. I thought it would be easy because it was on wheels but I am a small person. So I never got to the other screens.

I think it depends on what you are mulching as to how much power you need. A hard wood takes more power than soft woods.

Bookmark   November 13, 2013 at 8:22PM
More Discussions
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
Any Good Electric Brushcutter?
I have a small area, my lot is just 1/2ac and less...
InFlux
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™