Which sprinkler/irrigation system do you like?

susan_z5_mo(z5, MO)April 7, 2011

I am in the process of choosing an irrigation company to install a system at my house. Are you familiar with Weathermatic or Hunter products? What would you look for when choosing an irrigation company? The companies I chose are reputable companies. There is a difference of 1,500.00 b/w the bids.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lehua49

Susan,

Are the bids itemized? Can you determine where the differences in cost lies(pun). Why not a third quote? Can you give us the breakdown of quantities.

Hunter Review link: http://austin.citysearch.com/review/44659312

Weathermatic: http://www.amazon.com/Weathermatic-SL1600-Zone-Irrigation-Controller/product-reviews/B001PMY6QQ/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

$1,500 is what percent of the total average bid?

Aloha

Bookmark   April 9, 2011 at 11:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Arcticcat781

I work as an irrigation service tech,we use Hunter in general.the clocks are easy for the homeowner to operate,the heads can last upwards of 20 years. Weathermatic is nothing bad either,their valves are better than hunter by far.a valve is a valve as long as it lasts,you wont do much with the valves. but weathermatic have a little tab as a bleeder rather than a screw type on hunter. RAIN BIRD is another GREAT NAME. they are always on the cutting edge of technology. if you have any questions,just post them. i love answering peoples questions about my line of work lol. i cant get the knowledge out fast enough.

Bookmark   April 10, 2011 at 6:12PM
More Discussions
Discrepancy in Drip Line Water Flow
Over the weekend I installed some drip line in my garden....
raymondo17
Fertigation help
ok well not new to gardening or growing things as i...
bigpuddin43
Best well pump for drip hose irrigation
I am trying to find some information on selecting a...
srbasile
Irrigating with portable barrels
I'm wanting to irrigate my garden with a series of...
jon2412
Yet another request for help identifying irrigation valves
Anyone able to help me identify this valve? The house...
bbaztempe
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™