Hand Leaf blower Getting touchy

bertman_gw(5B West Conn)November 17, 2009

My little 4/5 year old little Sears hand blower is only working one notch above choke. I have two little screw adjustments I have never touched. The idle/ stop switch seems ok? Its the choke switch that seems to be limited?

IS there anything else I should do before playing with the adjusment screws? Should I take it apart and check out the choke/carburator? Might it be getting clogged?

any advise is great

thx

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yungman

You do maintenance like changing gas filter, air filter, plug?

Take the muffler off and check for buildup.

give a dose of Seafoam and run it for a little while. Use new 89 octane gas and put Stabil in.

After all that, then worry about adjusting.

Bookmark   November 17, 2009 at 3:14AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ggoyeneche

Clearing the muffler of carbon might help, but symptoms indicate your are running lean. Long term fix is to disassemble and clean carburetor. Seafoam or similar cleaner might help, but unlikely. If you are not getting enough gas flowing through jet to run properly, neither is Seafoam likely to remove built up varnish. As last ditch, open (turn left) the main jet 1/4 turn. Main jet is one closest to air cleaner. Jet closest to engine is idle circuit. This is same for both Zama and Walbro carburetors.

I opening main jet helps, now add Seafoam to gas and it should gradually clean things, to the point where you will eventually have to lean out (turn right) the main jet. If it doesn't help. You are going to have to get into the carb.

Bookmark   November 19, 2009 at 6:37PM
More Discussions
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™