Watering on irrigation during peak times?

sodomojoApril 28, 2008

I live in Kennewick WA and I am unable to water during peak times (early am, and then around 7-10pm) because my irrigation district does not have sufficient pumps for our subdivision, and as a result, my sprinklers just pop up and spray in one spot causing flooding. The irrigation district says that it is because too many people use it, and thats just how it is. I find it completely unacceptable. Has anybody else faced this same issue and what was the result?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Waterit

How early is "early am"?
The prevailing wisdom is to have all watering done before sunrise, and not to water EVER in the evening (you're setting yourself up for fungus).
Try starting your watering cycle at midnight or shortly thereafter.
There are booster pumps available for city-water systems, although most water companies discourage or even try to prohibit their use. Consult your local irrigation supply for proper pump sizing if the timing thing doesn't work out.

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 10:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ted123

You might want to check your gpm and pressure during peak times so you know not to exceed it.

I do agree with waterit you need to water during the wee hours in the morning or look into the mp rotator nozzles by Hunter they do perform at lower psi.

Here is a link that might be useful: do_it_your_self_web_site

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 11:01PM
More Discussions
Challenge to Irrigate a New Garden Area
I'm putting up a deer fence to enclose an 95'x35' area....
redsun9
Best well pump for drip hose irrigation
I am trying to find some information on selecting a...
srbasile
My sprinkler system station stopped working
Hello! I have a problem with my sprinkler system. One...
holia123
How may drip lines for 4' x 8' beds?
Hi there! I'm trying to decide my drip irrigation layout...
Robin Goodrich
Irrigating with portable barrels
I'm wanting to irrigate my garden with a series of...
jon2412
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™