Multipurpose Tool for Clean up tasks

rrahNovember 8, 2012

H and I were discussing some tool needs we have recently. We need to replace a trimmer/edger and could really use a leaf blower. Typically we just let the leaves do their own thing as they blow off into the woods, but not this year.

It seems like I've seen a sort of multipurpose tool that has the power source and engine and then several attachments such as a blower and a trimmer and perhaps a hedge cutter. I don't know if I saw this in a store or on TV. I didn't need it at the time so ignored it.

I've searched for something like this with no luck. Any suggestions? We would much rather buy and store a single tool rather than 3 or 4.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
txtom50(8a texas)

I've been doing a little research on the same subject. I know that Stihl, Echo, and Poulan have a number of different multi-tool systems available. Just do a search as follows and it should take you to see what's available:
"Echo Pro Attachment Series"
"Stihl Multi-task tools"
"Poulan Pro attachments"
I imagine there are more brands available.

Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 5:27AM
andyma_gw

Its early yet, I do nothing about leaves. Very few are left come first mow in the spring. :)

Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 6:59PM
exmar

Multi tool systems are a fantastic concept. I've looked into them a little, but always stopped when I got into the $$ for a "name brand," e.g. Stihl.

I guess the advantage would be only one two cycle engine to keep happy, the disadvantage would be if that engine gets cranky.....:-(

I was looking for a leaf blower/vac a while back and was also thinking of replacing the weed eater (Stihl). After looking around, ended up spending a few bucks on the weedeater and purchased a blower/vac (reconditioned full warranty) from Amazon for something like $70 deivered. That was 4 years ago, the reconditioned machine runs great, both my brother and I use it and no problems.

Guess there's also the question of how much you'll use the device? Two cycle engines like to be run, and are not as happy sitting idle. Multi tool machine you'd use all spring, summer and fall, where a leaf blower would have limited use and sit idle. Small tillers/cultivators are used in the spring and then sit idle.

I've decided to stay with "pupose built" tools as opposed to "one size fits all."

Good luck,

Ev

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 9:56AM
More Discussions
2 stroke Mantis tiller vs. 4 stroke Mantis
I'm looking at buying a small Mantis cultivator but...
lil_rhody
Poulan Pro rear tine tiller, burnt valve??
I have a 6.5 Intec Briggs on my tiller, which is 10...
slowpoke_gardener
Electrolytic Rust Removal
Has anyone tried this, using a battery charger, "washing...
exmar
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™