Mobile Watering

millefleurs(Z 7 - Md)May 6, 2008

Hi - I am looking for something portable to water my beds and flowers with. I have seen something in greenhouses with wheels that they use to water but I have no idea where to look for something like this. I've "Googled" every combination I can think of but nothing meets what I am looking for. It can't be too big or it will be much too heavy to pull around the yard. If anyone has any suggestions I would be most appreciative, please include web site if you have it. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Go to Home Depot and look for a "tractor" type sprinkler. I've considered this, but don't know if it would work for what I want to do.

I'd like to figure out a way to make sprinklers and hose look nice or disguised when left out. I've seen the rotating type sprinklers on a pole that are copper colored. I'm considering purchasing lots of these things, placing them where they need to be, and using cut off valves to control the water pressure. I also have two tri-pod type sprinklers that I painted black to blend in with the shrubbery that looks better than the original silver color.

Last year I experimented with a fire hydrant meter that I am going to use again, plus I am altering my watering habits to about one hour a week, not 20 minutes every other day when it's dry.


    Bookmark   May 8, 2008 at 7:10AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Drip Line Brand Recommendation
It's time to replace my decade-old drip lines. What...
Garden not close to water source. Ideas?
My garden is about 400-500 feet from the closest water...
First experience with irrigation system
Our builder installed, as a part of the "package",...
Problem valve
Hi, I have got a problem with my newly installed irrigation...
sprinkler selection question
I'm doing some sprinkler maintenance and replacement...
Sponsored Products
Pierced Pedestal
$295.00 | Horchow
Franke Double Bowl Mobile Home 6.5-inch Stainless Steel Sink
iPhone/Android Controlled Lighting System
$79.50 | FRONTGATE
Red One-of-a-Kind Kantha Bench
$379.99 | zulily
Cute Design PE Material LED Mobile Lamp in Egg Shape
Stamina Fitness Accessories & Supplies InLine Traction Control System 20-4800
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™