Raised Bed Question

laurmelaMay 3, 2010

Hi all! We just built 2 raised beds in the backyard. Used an existing line to branch out to the beds so they would each have water. Here is a pic.

Here are the raised beds finished.

On Saturday I noticed that another sprinkler on the same line was dripping. DH figured that it was the standing water in the line, so blew on one of the uprights and water few up from the other one! The dripping stopped for a while, but has now started again. I am thinking we forgot something! Is there something I need to add to our existing system before we hook up the drip system?

Thanks,

Laura

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lehua49

Hi Laura,

I am scratching my head and wondering did they mix the garden heads with other area heads? Can't really tell by your description of events. How many zones on your controller? Do you have a controller or a timer? It would be beneficial for you to describe your entire irrigation system including your source location and flow and pressure from that source. I believe I know what is happening but could use a little more info to be sure. Beautiful raised beds by the way. Will you be growing various types of plants? Aloha

Bookmark   May 3, 2010 at 10:27PM
More Discussions
metal inlets for anti-siphon valve manifold
Hi, I'm installing a new sprinkler system and I read...
thanedar
rainbird esp-rzx controller problem
After two summers of working normally, this year the...
MikeSanderson
Making changes of existing irrigation system
Hi folks, am hoping you can help me with these questions. I...
lauriec
Challenge to Irrigate a New Garden Area
I'm putting up a deer fence to enclose an 95'x35' area....
redsun9
Help with tricky (at least for me) water access
Hi, I have an issue that I'll be having to deal with...
Bob.Jackson
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™