drip for tomoatoes

tsinghMay 20, 2013

Hi All,

What emitter arrangement do you recommend for tomoatoes and bell peppers? Right now, I have a single pressure compensating dripper close to the root of the plants and it seems to be working fine on the tomatoes but the pepper plant (red and yellow) is not really growing. I wonder if I am doing something wrong with the watering.

Regards,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
twolips(z6AZ)

Maybe try more drippers? I have my plants circled with 1/4" dripper line coming off of a 1/2" mainline, so I have 5 drippers around each plant. The emitters are spaced every 6" in the tubing.

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 1:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tdscpa(z5 NWKS)

You don't say where you are located. Doing so would make it easier to help you. If you were my neighbor, I would just say it is way too early to worry about pepper growth. I have not even set mine out yet. (I usually have them in the ground by now, but am behind due to crappy weather. May 15 is my 90% frost safe date.) This year I had snow 5-1.

I usually set out peppers in May, and they do nothing except have their leaves blown off until July. This year they are still in their storm shelter and have therefore avoided lots of nasty wind and a hail storm.

I plan to set them out within the next 10 days.

I use drip irrigation for tomatoes and peppers. Over the last 10 years, one emitter per plant has been enough. For carrots, one emitter is enough for even more than one plant! ;)

This post was edited by tdscpa on Sat, Jun 1, 13 at 8:45

Bookmark   June 1, 2013 at 8:38AM
More Discussions
Challenge to Irrigate a New Garden Area
I'm putting up a deer fence to enclose an 95'x35' area....
redsun9
Irrigation Outage
Had a power outage at my home. I reset the GFI switch...
mchidiac
Pulling water from creek for irrigation.
I have a home on a piece of property that has a stream....
mctabish1
Yet another request for help identifying irrigation valves
Anyone able to help me identify this valve? The house...
bbaztempe
Rain Bird SMRT-Y Moisture Sensor
I'm looking to connect a Rain Bird SMRT-Y Moisture...
cdmanoise
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™