Sprinklers not working

Budl1teMay 20, 2013

Hello,

I purchased a new home and it has an Automatic watering system. I am somewhat familiar with the workings. I installed an entire 8 station Orbitz(I think) at my last house, Plumbing and electrical)

I don't recognize the valves at this new house but I looked on the internet and they look like the Buckner VP-10 valves (5 of them) There is one that looks like a Toro 260 seriesish.

One of the stations is not coming on. Even when I flip the manual lever nothing comes out the sprinkler heads. There is however water that slowly leaks from the valve though.

I had assumed that the lever would send the water to the sprinkler regardless?

the other 2 Buckner looking ones do activate the sprinklers and do not leak.

I have 2 other Buckners that operate drip feeds and what looks like a Toro valve although I am use to the old smaller toro's that when the valve(turn thing) on top was opened the water would come on. This one however is a knob that twists but looks like you could fit a flathead screwdriver in the slot to turn it. The toro's I have had experience with did not have the slot for screwdriver.

I don't know if the toro is working or not? how do you manually open this one? Solenoid?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Buddy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike1059(8)

all the electric valves I know of can be manually run by turning the solenoid a quarter turn. If it still will not open the ports in the valve may be plugged.

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 3:34AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Budl1te

Thanks Mike,

I turned the solenoid on the Toro looking one which is actually a Hunter valve. It worked. I opened the valve up with the screw thing and that fixed the auto watering.

The other that wasn't working I took apart and flushed it a couple times and put it together and tada. It is working like a charm.

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 11:16AM
More Discussions
Drip Irrigation Help
Hi, I'm looking to install a drip irrigation system...
Dan
Drip Line Brand Recommendation
It's time to replace my decade-old drip lines. What...
raymondo17
rainbird esp-rzx controller problem
After two summers of working normally, this year the...
MikeSanderson
Irrigation upgrade - who to call?
My property has an old irrigation system. It works...
cakbu z9 CA
Best well pump for drip hose irrigation
I am trying to find some information on selecting a...
srbasile
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™