460 Husky chainsaw

hodge28November 23, 2008

I have a new 460 husky with about 20hrs on it. It starts and idles fine When i try and give it full throttle it bogs out? Air filter looks clean and i sprayed it with carb cleaner. Didnt make a differenceany ideas???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ladylake(minnesota)

Did it run good before, have you switched to gas with ethonal, has it been stored for a while. It might be a partially clogged carb, you could try turning the low adjuster counterclockwise 1/4 turn. If that doesn't help the carb might need cleaning. Steve

Bookmark   November 23, 2008 at 8:23PM
hodge28

Yes steve it sat for a week or so and it's the same gas that i got when the saw was new. Itis the etonal gas but was running fine on it. I tryed the adjustment and still the same willtry and spray the carb out. Thanks for your response.
paul

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 4:30PM
tnba_verizon_net

change out the fuel line, the fuel that we have now breaks down and softens the lines. As you throtle up the saw the fuel line pinches together and stops fuel flow.I have seen this alot, even on new saws that have run only a 1/2 dozen tank full through them.

Bookmark   February 15, 2011 at 4:58AM
ewalk

Hodge: I also just picked up a New 460 Rancher 2 mths ago . Since it was purchased in Michigan (ethanol) I dumped the fuel asap. You can try what Steve recommends , also you may wish to 1st purchase some concentrated fuel cleaner add 2 ounces to non ethanol fresh fuel if possible . Let it sit 20 minutes to activate within the fuel circuits . Then attempt normal starting procedure , use the purg pump to prime and clean the carb . Keep the saw running with partial choke if required to allow the fuel to circulate within the partially restricted circuits. Once warmed up you can then tune the idle to your preference. It may take a few attempts and 10 minutes of run time to begin to clean the system . I have cut over two cords of Maple and so far have experienced no concerns. I use Amsoil Sabre(Full Synthetic)Oil mixed at 50:1 Ratio . All the Best .

Bookmark   February 15, 2011 at 5:21AM
More Discussions
Old Troybilt Tiller Engine Replacement
I need to replace the eninge on my Troybilt tiller...
themaniam1
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed on this Site
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed...
loger_gw
Stihl Chainsaw - starts but won't run
My trusty (10 yr) old Stihl 16" chainsaw is starting...
uberfusion
Woodzig electric pruner
I have a Woodzig electric pruner and use it often....
ranger_ric
Brand new chainsaw stalls - tank fuel line above gas level?
Hell all I just bought my first chainsaw: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B008EQ0L3I It's...
theniceguy
Sponsored Products
Naples Clear Chandelier by Elements
$138.00 | Bellacor
Filament Design Spectra 1-Light Matte Satin Nickel Halogen Track Light CLI-CO460
Home Depot
Blakely Antique Gold Four Light Foyer with Crystals
$635.90 | Bellacor
Washington Huskies '#1 Fan' Clock
$19.99 | zulily
Terry Bath Scale Slipcover in White
$11.50 | FRONTGATE
Siberian Husky Dog Print
Ballard Designs
Unbranded Halo 4 in. Recessed White LED Retrofit Trim 2700K RL460WH827PK
$79.00 | Home Depot
Campania International Night Owl Garden Statue - A-460-AL