Need help choosing irrigation timer.

jagermeisterMay 13, 2013

I currently have a Richdel 446PRi irrigation timer which looks like it may have been manufactured in 1991. It uses lots of switches to program it and has worked pretty well for the last 5 years I've been in the house.

This year, however, we are under water restrictions and I'm only allowed to water on Sundays and Thursdays. This type of programming doesn't look possible with this timer as even though it can run two separate programs, the maximum watering interval for each program is 4 days (I had wanted to just create two different programs, one that started on Sunday and the other that started on Thursday and have a 7 day watering interval for each).

Can someone recommend a good quality irrigation timer that can be programmed to satisfy my water restriction criteria? I have 5 watering zones and the timer will be located in the garage.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike1059(8)

If your willing to pay a little more for the quality and versatility, rainbird or Hunter are your best bet.

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 11:20PM
ssprinkler

I would also consider RainMachine. It allows you to select specific weekdays and it saves you some water.

Here is a link that might be useful: RainMachine

Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 10:52PM
txlawn

Check out BlueSpray controller. It has unlimited programs, unlimited start times, very flexible programming that allows you to have custom watering schedule even for each day of the year!

Here is a link that might be useful: BlueSpray controller

Bookmark   July 19, 2013 at 11:56AM
More Discussions
Irrigation Outage
Had a power outage at my home. I reset the GFI switch...
mchidiac
Yet another request for help identifying irrigation valves
Anyone able to help me identify this valve? The house...
bbaztempe
Discrepancy in Drip Line Water Flow
Over the weekend I installed some drip line in my garden....
raymondo17
drip irrigation design
I ran 2 pipes around my property for drip irrigation....
jimmy21
Best well pump for drip hose irrigation
I am trying to find some information on selecting a...
srbasile
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™