Modify angle of brass popup nozzle...

bbass408May 12, 2012

I know this is a reach and I'm a new member, but it's worth a shot...

I have an old galvy system with lame pressure that needs to be replaced I know. In the meantime, I try and try.

On one edge of the lawn with a lightly curved border I have a head that's not watering well. For brass popups, 180 degrees is too much -- sends tons of water down the driveway. 120 is too little -- leaves unwatered spots. I've tried various nozzles on a 2" plastic popup (the biggest I can fit and still mow the lawn) with MP rotators -- toro rotating heads, and rain bird variable angle. Can't really get enough water out of either of those.

I want to take that 120 degree brass popup nozzle and make it something like 150 degree. Has anyone ever messed with with one of those -- perhaps using a small file -- to change the spray angle?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lehua49

bb,

I was thinking of the adjustable heads from RB and the spray arc can be set for whatever angle you want but your saying it doesn't deliver the amount of water you need. What is your water pressure and flow rate? I would say you already know the solution to your problem and replace the old galvy system with pvc and increase your flow rate and pressure immediately. Time to bight the bullet. Aloha

Bookmark   May 13, 2012 at 8:26AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bbass408

I tried that head and I thought I mentioned it. I agree it's time to bite the bullet. After all this farting around with the old system, I know exactly how I'd design the new one. ;)

Bookmark   May 13, 2012 at 2:09PM
More Discussions
rainbird esp-rzx controller problem
After two summers of working normally, this year the...
MikeSanderson
Sprinkler to Soaker Hose/Drip System
My project to convert an existing sprinkler zone to...
mixdplate
Fertigation help
ok well not new to gardening or growing things as i...
bigpuddin43
Drip Line Brand Recommendation
It's time to replace my decade-old drip lines. What...
raymondo17
Help identity sprinkler valve
We bought a house last year that has one zone that...
alg42
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™