Drip line starts then stops

PhxlouMay 4, 2012

I'm at a loss. I have a drip system with two zones on an automatic timer. The front yard (zone two) works fine, good pressure,etc. and it's been running about two years. The backyard line(zone one) was capped off and never used. I've now run a drip line through the backyard and attached it to the zone one line. Before I did too much landscaping I put in 7 plants to test the system. When I turned the system on for manual watering it came on and I thought 'Success!' and set it for scheduled auto watering like the front yard. I travel so about 2 weeks went by and I came home to dry,half-dead plants. I've been watching the system. When zone one time begins the water starts dripping...then peters out and stops after 2-3 minutes. When timer finishes counting down and switches to zone one everything returns to normal. Front yard gets full watering time and good pressure. Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lehua49

Ph,

What fittings are in the zone one system? I would change out the zone one auto-valve. I believe the diaphragm is old or bad. Leakage is getting by it and then the valve closes. That's my guess without really seeing out your system works. Aloha

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 6:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Phxlou

Thanks lehua13. That sounds like it makes sense. Honestly I
've been at a loss so I'll try that. Thanks for the response.

Bookmark   May 10, 2012 at 2:51PM
More Discussions
Best well pump for drip hose irrigation
I am trying to find some information on selecting a...
srbasile
Yet another request for help identifying irrigation valves
Anyone able to help me identify this valve? The house...
bbaztempe
Problem valve
Hi, I have got a problem with my newly installed irrigation...
cozbell93
Making changes of existing irrigation system
Hi folks, am hoping you can help me with these questions. I...
lauriec
rainbird esp-rzx controller problem
After two summers of working normally, this year the...
MikeSanderson
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™