Just got my Mom's Day present - a vinyl arbor.

caflowerluverMay 18, 2012

My old wooden one is falling apart. I noticed when pruning and watering my roses by the gazebo that it is getting pretty unstable. I think it is about ready to fall down. So DH bought me a new one for Mother's Day.

The old wooden one was a really cheap one I got from Jackson & Perkins in 2005. It is not redwood or cedar so didn't last. The new one is vinyl and hopefully will last longer. I got the 'mocha' or tan color to blend in with the gazebo better.

What type of arbor or trellis do any of you use? Anyone have the vinyl ones?

Clare

Here is a picture of the old wooden one when it was new with Aimee Vibert Scandens growing on it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dura Trel 36

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
caflowerluver

I used GW photo upload feature and it didn't come out very good. I am going to continue to use Photobucket from now on.
Clare

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 1:49PM
Maude80

This spring I purchased an arbor and a trellis. They are both white vinyl and I am happy with how they look, I just wish the roses would mature a bit faster to cover them up a bit. The corner trellis is next to a crucifix/holder for upside down tomato grower from the infomercials:)

The arbor has don juan roses on each side but they are still babies..

Maude

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 6:37PM
caflowerluver

I have one of those upside down tomato growers too but haven't used it yet. I am thinking of using it for summer squash or cukes. How do you like yours?

My roses took several years to get that big. Give yours time and I am sure they will look beautiful.
Clare

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 9:48PM
seil zone 6b MI

The wood one was lovely but they don't last. Even the redwood and cedar ones eventually rot. I like the new vinyl one you chose. It should be lovely with that rose on it.

I have a mish mash of black wrought iron trellises stuck in the ground all over the place but they don't have climbers on them, just large shrub roses that need some extra support.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 9:57PM
Maude80

I'm not sure about the topsy turvy tomato planter yet. I only planted them about a week ago, but the idea of growing them upside down is interesting. They are still alive though which is always a good sign:)

Maude

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 6:52PM
More Discussions
For those looking for Poseidon/Novalis
Heirloom Roses has it! I was so excited when I saw...
Rosecandy VA, zone 7
Does anyone grow First Prize own-root?
I have seen a huge First Prize plant but don't know...
erasmus_gw
Teasing Georgia as a pruned shrub
So I have been reading on here about growing TG as...
kingcobbtx9b
How to Take Cuttings...
We are officially moving Monday, and as I walked the...
Desertgarden- Las Vegas, Z8b @ 2800 ft.
Looking forward to SPRING FLUSH!
The past couple of weeks my rose bushes have begun...
sara_ann-z6bok
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™