Strange garage door problem

bill7(NW MN)November 25, 2009

My Mom called me the other day with this:

She accidentally touched/hit the track/chain on the garage door with a ladder. Ever since the door does not go down unless you hold the button on the garage (remote doesn't lower it). However, the remote does raise it. No mechanical problems to speak of. Door raises and lowers smoothly. It all seems to be in the remote. She tried using the second remote and the same problem persists.

I thought it might have something to do with the eyes being covered/dirty, but it does go down when holding the garage button.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

Bill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

If the main light flashes 10 times when the door reverses to the open position when using the remote it is a door sensor problem. Make sure the sensor are properly aligned and that the small light on each one is lit and not flickering. Also check to make sure the wires are still attached at the rear of the motor unit. She could have knocked one or more loose. The manufacturer made it so you can override this with the wall control because they know you will be standing there watching the door close.

Bookmark   November 27, 2009 at 4:31PM
More Discussions
Mantis tiller will not idle
Picked up a used Mantis (SV-4/A engine) that will just...
ccarlsonnh
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
troy bilt horse question
Went to check the transmission fluid today and noticed...
snuffyinatl
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™