My Fire Is Not Breathing As Well with a bed of coals on 2 pipes
My Fire Is Not Breathing As Well with a bed of coals on 2 pipes vs a full grate Correct?
1. After burning a few grates and going to 2 stainless pipes I'm in a bed of coal/ash not getting good air from below.
2. Burning 24/7 when needed, how do you handle this matter? Before retirement, I never thought of this matter (10 yrs, LOL!)
3. I feel I'll build a grate to lay on the pipes welded in and open for heat on what was a double face fireplace.
4. The grates "burned me out" after burning through a 1" in one season using Mesquite wood (which I reduced to one stick mixed).
5. I have some 1/4th' expanded metal scraps I'll use until the weather allows a grate. What material is suggested?