Greenhouse Misting

pabloverde(Z7 Atanta GA)June 6, 2013

Hi all. I'm a long time Garden Webber but new to this forum.

I want to add a misting system to help cool my 12â x 16â greenhouse in the hot summer months. My understanding is that the finer the mist the better the cooling effect. And, the higher the water pressure, the finer the mist. In fact, most of the higher end systems have pumps that are designed to take the typical standard water pressure and kick them up to 150 psi and greater.

I currently have 150 psi available at my greenhouse. But all of individual components that I see (in line filters, manifolds, nozzles, water lines, etc) tend to be rated for much less. (35 �" 80psi, occasionally up to 120psi).

Does anybody know of a good resource where I can get some help putting this together?

Or does anyone enough experience with the two configurations. Is it worth it to maintain the higher pressure or should I just drop it down and use whatâÂÂs easily available. (Growing orchids and other tropical with a goal for getting high 90âÂÂs down to high 80âÂÂs or so).

Thanks!

Paul

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lehua49

pab,

Site explaining three typts of systems. High, mid and low pressures.

ww.bigfogg.com/misting-systems.html

Your pressure seems very high to me and probably needs to reduced to 80-90 psi with a high pressure system through good pressure regulator. Probably an equivalent to a house type PR. aloha

Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 9:47AM
More Discussions
Discrepancy in Drip Line Water Flow
Over the weekend I installed some drip line in my garden....
raymondo17
Irrigation upgrade - who to call?
My property has an old irrigation system. It works...
cakbu z9 CA
How may drip lines for 4' x 8' beds?
Hi there! I'm trying to decide my drip irrigation layout...
Robin Goodrich
Help with tricky (at least for me) water access
Hi, I have an issue that I'll be having to deal with...
Bob.Jackson
My sprinkler system station stopped working
Hello! I have a problem with my sprinkler system. One...
holia123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™