chainsaw question

flh69November 15, 2011

I came across an old Homelite VI Super 2 chainsaw. The parts list I found calls for a duckbill valve for the gas tank. does the valve go into the tank with the taper side facing the inside of the tank? Also does this valve just plug into the tank or should it be connected to a short piece of hose?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The duck bill valves that I have installed were designed to be connected to fuel line to prevent back flow of fuel and could only be installed one way .

    Bookmark   November 16, 2011 at 5:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I could only find one parts list for this saw and it is not very clear. This gas tank has two holes. One hole has a fuel line going to the carb. The other hole is open and this is where the parts list shows the duckbill. The parts list does not show a hose at this location.
I assume the hole is for a vent and the duckbill would keep gas from coming out. The carb does not have a primer bulb. The saw does run but fuel splashes out of this open hole.
Here is the link for the parts list. The link is secure.

    Bookmark   November 16, 2011 at 9:27AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Think of the Duckbill as a oneway valve allowing air in and sealng against reverse fuel flow . attach the duck bill accordingly and your good to go .

    Bookmark   November 16, 2011 at 5:41PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
McCullough Pro Mac 700 has to be a professional grade saw vs a Home?
Servicing/Starting my Neighbor’s McCullough Pro Mac...
Old Troybilt Tiller Engine Replacement
I need to replace the eninge on my Troybilt tiller...
Harbor Freight small utility tralier question
I just purchased this harbor freight trailer. I...
Woodzig electric pruner
I have a Woodzig electric pruner and use it often....
Backpack Leaf Blowers
I have been looking around at backpack leaf blowers,...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™