Rainbird Sprinkler Valve Won't Close

jmtalarek(z6 Michigan)June 3, 2005

I've done more research one my problem. It looks like a valve controlling on of my six zones won't close. It stay's open spraying water. I can manually advance thru the other zones, but this one will continue to stay open. I don't believe it's the controler. I've reset my controller. I've even disconnected the wire at the controller for the bad zone and the water still sprays. This makes me think it's mechanical in the valve; not electrical in the controller? Do I unscrew the value head and see if there is a damaged diaphragm? Maybe freeze damage from not being winterized properly? Any ideas? thanks,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eltigre(z5 KS)

Yep, sounds like a mechaincal failure. Does your valve have a flushing cap you can remove and flsuh out some of the debris if present? (my toro's do). Else you will have to unscrew the top and check the seals, ect. They sell replacement seals, solenoids, ect so that you will not have to replace the entire valve. Freezing can do it; most likely debris in the line... either stuck in there or damaged the seal on the way "through".

Bookmark   June 4, 2005 at 6:31PM
More Discussions
Greenhouse irrigation advice
We are planning to build a 13'x'30' greenhouse in the...
rogerius
Best well pump for drip hose irrigation
I am trying to find some information on selecting a...
srbasile
Garden not close to water source. Ideas?
My garden is about 400-500 feet from the closest water...
zrodimel
How may drip lines for 4' x 8' beds?
Hi there! I'm trying to decide my drip irrigation layout...
Robin Goodrich
Help/Ideas for 12v watering system
I have an old well the is 4 foot around. It is 10ft...
leggatron
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™