Good Fire, Fuel and Compression But! A Craftsman 18' 40cc w/n try
Good Fire, Fuel and Compression But! A Craftsman 18" 40cc chainsaw w/n try to start. The bad fuel line and no filter led me to think it was only a fuel issue basically from sitting since last winter.
1. I replaced the bad fuel line, fuel, primed the engine with the bulb, and in the plug's hole later.
2. There was always a good blue spark with the original plug and one from a just fired saw.
3. The compression was good on the fairly new saw which made this A First And Frustrating.
What did I miss?
1. I look back on maybe the Carb was bad as Fuel Line But it should have tried to start, correct?
2. I switched to good gas and plug from my working saw. The other new plug fired my saw.
3. Timing was the element left, with Fire, Fuel and Compression but it was put away working.
4. Would working the carb solve anything before it's indicated as needed since it w/n fire the prime?
Any suggestions?? loger