small electric snow shovels/blowers

rcmoserNovember 16, 2011

Ok done search and not much on small electric snow shovels on this site. Don't have big bank roll to spend on Xmas so 2k gas model is out the window. Wanting to get one for gift. Would be used for small driveway and sidewalk in the Pumpkin Capital of the World Ill. Suburbia.

Looking at some of these models the toro The Toro 1800 Power Curve 18 in. Electric Snow Blower, Worx 13 amp Snow Thrower, and the Snow Joe 13.5 Amp Electric 18 in. Snow Thrower. all are within 50 bucks of each other.

Wondering which would be the best bang for the buck? Most concern would be the auger how long they last and how durable??? If anybody got these would like your review good or bad. Thanks for reading

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

All I can really offer is my experience with the older Toro electrics. They weren't a hugs sale item, but they had their uses too with very little in failures. Probably one a year came back for a larger model, but many had them to keep up w/ snow for flat roofs, decks etc. and that was their only purpose. They throw snow with moderate moisture content well enough if I recall. I remember demoing one w/ about 2 inches of the slushy stuff and it did work. My concern would be the possibility of overworking or overheating the unit. So used with care, hopefully it will be good money spent.

Bookmark   November 18, 2011 at 1:36PM
rcmoser

Thanks tomplum for the comments.

Bookmark   November 18, 2011 at 8:26PM
Hunter137

FYI, similar to Toro, the snow joe's can be had for about 120 bucks now which is pretty cheap for what it is (good for 6-9 inches of snow). Video below.

Here is a link that might be useful: snow joe sj620 review

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 6:58PM
More Discussions
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
Stihl vs. Husqvarna Chainsaw purchase
I am lucky enough to have my wife ask me to pick out...
virginiacowboy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™