Setting up a inground sprinklers

mlutzJune 25, 2005

Hello, I am wanting to install a sprinkler system at my house and am looking for suggestions as to a good brand of sprinklers as well as timer. Also if someone knows a good website that provides information about planning and installing a system I would greatly appreciate it.

Mark

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dmullen(Southern CA)

I used a plan that Toro provided after I sent them a sketch of my yard. It worked well. Other sprinkler manufacturers also offer the same service.

There are many books available in the public library and I checked out and read most of them before starting my system.

Here is a link that might help

http://www.diyonline.com/servlet/GIB_BaseT/SoftwareGuide.html?session.highlightedTool=SprinklerDesigner&session.channelID=7&session.ccid=7

Also, DIYonline.com has a design service and I used it. It was very thorough too. Also, they have a free book that can be downloaded that is the most complete book I have ever read but I could not find it again. If I find it, I will post the link to you or can also send it in pdf format. It is somewhere in my computer or files.

Bookmark   June 26, 2005 at 11:53AM
mlutz

Thanks for the information dmullen. I am going to go to the library and see what information I can find there.

Mark

Bookmark   June 26, 2005 at 11:58PM
mxracer264(z5MI)

Rainbird.com Contact their site and you can download everything you need to know. They will assist you with everything from design to installation to where to purchase supplies and or hire an installer. Good site...Good luck

Bookmark   June 30, 2005 at 10:39PM
More Discussions
Making changes of existing irrigation system
Hi folks, am hoping you can help me with these questions. I...
lauriec
Irrigating with portable barrels
I'm wanting to irrigate my garden with a series of...
jon2412
Fertigation help
ok well not new to gardening or growing things as i...
bigpuddin43
Discrepancy in Drip Line Water Flow
Over the weekend I installed some drip line in my garden....
raymondo17
Irrigation Outage
Had a power outage at my home. I reset the GFI switch...
mchidiac
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™